Terms of Entry
Interior Scholarship – AIT-scholarship of Sto-Foundation 2020/2021
With the Interior Scholarship once again in 2020/2021 four Interior Design students will receive a monthly grant of up to 1,000 Euros for a period of one year (total subsidy: 24,000 Euros) to support their academic education. This Europe-wide initiative has been made possible by the financial support of the Sto-Foundation. Interested students as from the end of their second year, who are enrolled at a European University, are authorized to apply for the Interior Scholarship 20/2020 until 3 July 2020.
Interior Design studies or comparable degree courses require plenty of time and cause considerable costs. Often it is hardly possible for the students to earn the required money parallel to their studies and consequently, they are rarely able to dedicate their undivided attention and energy to their education. Here, the scholarship wants to create scope and relieve the students economically.
It is an important task of the Sto-Foundation to use financial means as an investment in the education and training of the young generation and thus in the future of our society. The foundation together with the trade journal AIT wants to support the great talent and exemplary commitment of the students to promote the development of renowned interior designers with a great interest in experimentation and secure the progress and variety of interior design. All applicants also receive the AIT magazine free of charge for one year.Application form
All students of Interior Architecture and comparable degree courses (Interior Design, Spatial Design etc.) enrolled at a European university and at least at the end of their second year are authorized to apply for the Interior Scholarship 2020/2021. Applicants must be enrolled at a European University for architecture minimum until June 2021 to participate for funding.
Area of rewardness
Application period: 2 March 2020 – 3 July 2020
Application deadline: 3 July 2020
Jury session: 31 July 2020
Duration of the scholarship: July 2020 – June 2021
Up to 24,000 Euros
In the case of two scholars the monthly grant will be 1,000 Euros for a one year funding.
In the case of three scholars the monthly grant will be 670 Euros for a one year funding.
In the case of four scholars the monthly grant will be 500 Euros for a one year funding.
A jury decides by the submitted documents upon the awarding of the scholarships. The Jury shall meet non-public and decide with simple majority. The jury will substantiate her decision in a simple vote. The jury`s decision shall be final and not contestable.
- Presence while an interview in September 2020 (travel costs will be reimbursed).
- Four blog listings in 12 months (text, illustrations, images, etc.) for publication on the websites of AIT-Architektursalon and Sto-Stiftung.
- Performance/staging/presentation on an exhibition at an AIT-Architektursalon or a worldwide well-known trade fair (material and travel costs will be reimbursed).
- Physical presence during the exhibition opening (dates will be aligned).
Study-related projects as well as an impromptu task have to be submitted:
To have or to be?
New spaces of the sharing community
In many visionary approaches to social coexistence, sharing replaces the idea of owning. On swap markets you can exchange or borrow, coworking spaces provide peer-to-peer workplaces, you get to know the world as a couch surfer, the garden cooperative supplies you with organic vegetables.
What new public places are created by this?
What needs do these new places have to meet?
To what extent does this shift the relationship between public and private space?
How does this affect our approach to interior spaces?
Examine the different aspects of the sharing community.
Take up a partial aspect—relevant for you—and develop a spatial idea / attitude / interpretation of it.
Convey your idea in sketches, drawings, renderings, films, model photos, collages and complement them with text.
- Application document
format: 210 x 297 mm (portrait), file type: PDF
- Legibly filled-in application form
format: 420 x 297 mm (landscape), maximum 12 pages (further pages will be cutted), file type: PDF
- Minimum of 1, maximum of 3 student designs and if necessary design works exclusive from school/university (PLEASE NOTE: Only one project can be part of a group work. Please label this project appropriate. Also an appropriate certification for the personal proportion within the group project is required.)
- Maximum of 2 pages for the fulfillment of the impromptu task
format: 210 x 297 mm (portrait), maximum 1 page, file type: PDF
- Certificate of enrolment/studies (if available)
format: 210 x 297 mm (portrait), attached to the file ‘lastname_firstname_documents’, file type: PDF
- Interim certificate (if available)
format: 210 x 297 mm (portrait), attached to the file ‘Lastname_firstname_documents’, file type: PDF
Name the files as follows
Other documents: lastname_firstname_documents
- Please obtain from submitting additional documents not listed here.
- Please submit only two PDF files: lastname_firstname_portfolio.PDF and lastname_firstname_documents.PDF
- Exclusively PDF files will be accepted.
- Please pay attention that the resolution (dpi) of the files is suitable for DIN A3 printout.
- All submissions may be in German or in English.
Download application document
All application documents need to be submitted digitally at the latest by 3 July 2020 via wetransfer.com to firstname.lastname@example.org. Date of receipt will be date of inbox.
All works will pass to the ownership of the AIT-ArchitekturSalon.