Terms of Entry 2021
Interior Scholarship – AIT-scholarship of Sto-Foundation 2021/2022
With the Interior Scholarship once again in 2021/2022 four Interior Design students will receive a monthly grant of up to 1,000 Euros for a period of one year (total subsidy: 24,000 Euros) to support their academic education. This Europe-wide initiative has been made possible by the financial support of the Sto-Foundation. Interested students as from the end of their second year, who are enrolled at a European University, are authorized to apply for the Interior Scholarship 2021/2022 until 20 July 2021.
Interior Design studies or comparable degree courses require plenty of time and cause considerable costs. Often it is hardly possible for the students to earn the required money parallel to their studies and consequently, they are rarely able to dedicate their undivided attention and energy to their education. Here, the scholarship wants to create scope and relieve the students economically.
It is an important task of the Sto-Foundation to use financial means as an investment in the education and training of the young generation and thus in the future of our society. The foundation together with the trade journal AIT wants to support the great talent and exemplary commitment of the students to promote the development of renowned interior designers with a great interest in experimentation and secure the progress and variety of interior design. All applicants also receive the AIT magazine free of charge for one year.Application form
Students of interior design and related studies such as scenography, spatial design and spatial strategies from the 4th semester onwards are eligible. Applicants must be enrolled at a university until minimum July 2022 to receive funding.
Area of rewardness
Application period: 10 May 2021 – 20 July 2021
Application deadline: 20 July 2021
Jury session: 13 August 2021
Duration of the scholarship: June 2021 – July 2022
Up to 24,000 Euros
In the case of two scholars the monthly grant will be 1,000 Euros for a one year funding.
In the case of three scholars the monthly grant will be 670 Euros for a one year funding.
In the case of four scholars the monthly grant will be 500 Euros for a one year funding.
The scholarship holders are selected by a five-member jury on the basis of the documents submitted. The jury meets non-publicly and decides by simple majority. The jury’s decision is final and cannot be appealed. Legal recourse is excluded.
- Participation in an interview in the fall of 2021 (travel expenses will be reimbursed).
- Four contributions to the blog per scholarship holder in 12 months for publication on www.ait-architektursalon.de and www.sto-stiftung.de in the form of a blog post (text, plans, photos, etc.)
- Staging of an exhibition in an AIT-ArchitekturSalon or at a globally renowned trade fair, as well as attendance during the exhibition opening (exhibition materials and travel expenses will be reimbursed).
Study-related projects as well as an impromptu task have to be submitted:
Reclaiming public space
With society becoming increasingly virtually and socially segregated, it is particularly important to create spaces that allow spontaneous social interactions. In a lively urban space, people of diverse origins and cultural backgrounds, of various ages, and with different life experiences encounter each other directly and involuntarily. Being aware of this heterogeneous society is the first step towards recognizing it and then helping to shape it.
Develop ideas and objects as well as interventions for the temporary, partial appropriation of items or places in public space that contribute to the revitalization of the city and the creation of social identity.
Use individually well-chosen presentation techniques that are supportive of the concept, such as visualizations, model photos, collages, drawings, sketches or film sequences, to illustrate your very personal, stand-alone idea. Complement these with text.
- Portfolio (DIN A3, landscape format, maximum 12 pages in total)
- At least 1, maximum 3 student design projects and, if applicable, design projects independent of the university context. Of the projects submitted, only one may be a group project. Please mark this project accordingly. Appropriate proof of the student’s own contribution to the project work must be submitted.
- Impromptu: maximum of 2 pages on the impromptu task
- Digitally completed application form (DIN A4, portrait format, according to the form), download of the form see below.
- Tabular curriculum vitae (DIN A4, portrait format, maximum 1 page)
- Certificate of enrollment/study for the current semester
- Intermediate certificate from university (if available)
Name the files as follows
Other documents: lastname_firstname_documents
- Please obtain from submitting additional documents not listed here.
- Please submit only two PDF files: lastname_firstname_portfolio.PDF and lastname_firstname_documents.PDF
- Only PDF files will be accepted.
- Please pay attention that the resolution (dpi) of the files is suitable for DIN A3 printing.
- All submissions may be writtenin German or in English.
Download application document
All application documents need to be submitted digitally at the latest by 20 July 2021 via wetransfer.com to firstname.lastname@example.org. Date of receipt will be date of inbox.
All works will pass to the ownership of the AIT-ArchitekturSalon.